Please follow and like us:
August is about sun, fun, relaxing with family and…hair loss? Since an estimated 80 million Americans, both men and women, experience some level of hair loss, August’s National Hair Loss Awareness Month is all about “Prevention and Treatment.”
- DESIRE-Your hair is a clear sign of your youth, health and vitality so monitoring it and having the DESIRE to so something if you’re losing it should be of critical importance. Research shows that most people who have undergone treatment for hair loss wish they started sooner. DON’T WAIT!
- DETECT, DIAGNOSE & MEASURE EARLY-New measurement and evaluation tools abound and Hair Restoration Physicians and M.D.’s, can help accurately diagnose, measure and monitor your condition.
- ID RISK FACTORS-A family history of hair loss, over-styling and use of harsh chemicals, illness, certain medications, smoking and poor diet can all impact hair health and influence hair loss. Knowing about, and reducing as many risk factors as possible, moves the odds more in your favor.
- EARLY TREATMENT-If you have the desire, and you should, don’t wait to take action to reduce your risk of further hair loss. There are non-invasive therapies that can be deployed and if need be, more intensive yet minimally invasive procedures that can helping thinning, balding and overall hair density on the scalp.
- WORK WITH A CREDENTIALED SPECIALIST -Don’t be fooled by elixirs and “miracle hair-growth cures.” Hair restoration is a clinically recognized medical subspecialty so working with someone who is properly credentialed, experienced and gains positive reviews is the smartest way to go.
“Once you’ve done all you think you can to prevent hair loss and if the condition persists, the next step is treatment and today there are more options than ever,” said Dr. Bauman. “Because of the advancements made in both treatment regimens and improved technologies for both men and women, hair loss is certainly a treatable condition.”
A few of the cutting-edge treatment options to consider and ask your “board-certified hair restoration physician” about:
- ARTAS Robotic-Assisted FUE Hair Transplant
- No-Linear-Scar NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant
- 3D Printed Hair Systems
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) (Vampire) Therapy
- Compounded 82M Minoxidil
- Low Level Laser Therapy
- Nutritionals & Nutraceuticals
- Genetic Testing
- HairCheck® Hair Measurements
- Scalp Makeovers
- Credible Hair Loss Products